Winsoft can help you make the most out of the systems and technology you have already invested in or plan on investing in. Business Process Mapping is just one of our specialties and the methdology and benefits for mapping business processes are discussed in more detail below.
The Five Major Steps of Process Mapping
Process identification – attaining a full understanding of all the steps of a process.
Information gathering – identifying objectives, risks, and key controls in a process.
Interviewing and mapping – understanding the point of view of individuals in the process and designing actual maps
Analysis – utilizing tools and approaches to make the process run more effectively and efficiently.
Delivery – provide the customer with a detailed BPM document.
Advantages of Business Process Mapping
Having a complete and comprehensive mapped process of your business can be very valuable. It will empower managers in making decisions and allow staff to be more informed as to their roles and responsibilities. From a software point of view, BPM will aid in developing the software requirements specification that will map against the defined business processes. Some other advantages are listed below.
- Increases understanding of the business process
- Provides understanding of resource allocation
- Training become easier as processes are clearly defined and understood
- Increases staff awareness of roles and responsibilities
- Process maps are simple to understand
- Identifies dependencies between tasks
- Finds ‘black holes’ and bottlenecks in a business process
- Enables metrics to be more easily defined as the process is clearly understood