The objective of a feasibility study is to make a recommendation on whether the automation of specific application areas within a business is a viable means of resolving a particular problem. The study clearly defines the boundaries of systems development or the packaged software implementation, and provides supporting cost/benefit analysis to justify the decision as well as to provide a strategic plan indicating how the development should be completed.
- Evaluate current system, whether manual or computerized.
- Define critical success factors.
- Evaluate systems development options.
- Define cost and benefit of most suitable options.
- Recommend suitable systems.